Friday, July 10, 2015

Our Permanent Staycation Home

The waiting is over, mi Miguel and I are doing a happy dance! If you haven't figured it out by now...
We closed on a house today. The house we've been staying in temporarily is now our new home. I'm not sure how it all fell into place but it did and here we are. We closed on it this morning. 

It's got the very popular and much seen Italian style stone on the front, giving it an Italian villa look. It's a bit of a fixer upper at this point. But that's not what sold me on this house. 

It's this fabulous canal. Every day with the beautiful birds, the casual boats slowly sauntering by and the calm soothing movement of the water. It's all just ten steps from the back door. 
We have a lot of updating to do though. The decor is much like you see when watching an episode of The Brady Bunch.
It's a smaller house and perfect for just the two of us. We do have room for our favorite guests though, as always. I'm hoping to transform our new home into a beach cottage. Which is part of the reason I started this blog. 
I'm really looking forward to archiving our progress and ultimately posting our "after" photos. 


Hopefully, once we're done I can permanently take off my rolled scarf and not do so much house work. We are going from a 4600  sq. ft. house to a 2000 sq. ft house. Bigger houses mean more housework. I get that now.
It's time to put my mad chalk painting skills back into motion. 
I'm going to dig my sewing machine out of the storage unit and make some DIY curtains. I've got some mad sewing skills too, you see.
Mi Miguel, he's going to do some nice flooring and wall building. He's good at putting in wood floors and he can even do tiling. That's him putting in a kitchen floor several years ago. 
Today this sweet little house with the Italian villa design became our home. Let the transformation begin. If you have any suggestions, ideas or helpful hints please share them with us.






No comments:

Post a Comment