Monday, July 6, 2015

Colordao Fireworks and Family

With all the moving and figuring out who Mi Miguel and I want to be when we grow up, we've let a trip to Colorado become long overdue. 
 We've been there before, even to the Garden Of The Gods. But this was a visit we've been anxious to see through. 
Seventeen months ago this cute little chubby cheeked girl was born. Distance makes it's difficult to be a doting grammy.  

Visiting the grandbaby means we get the added treat of seeing this great couple. And not only did we celebrate the holiday but we also celebrated my son's birthday. 
Seeing as how she was just a newborn the last time we saw her, she was a little skeptical of us at first. She borrowed my readers to get a clearer picture of just who this Grammy and Grandpa are supposed to be. 
All it took was a few carousel rides, some pizza and macaroni and cheese...
and she was ready to become bonfire buds.

This moment right here is the reason we flew to Colorado. If you think rocking your own baby was a joy like no other, wait till you start having the grandbabies. It's a joy that feels like it just may burst your own heart. 
Because my son was born the first week of July, he gets fireworks every year when we celebrate his birthday. We hope your Fourth was safe and filled with fireworks too.
But now we are back in Florida. Colorado was dry, cool and very breathable. But we are back to our new home state. Our new hot and humid home state. 
We have returned and will continue to wait. We are calm and we are being patient, just four more days.
Before I close, I'd love to know how you would deal with an airplane seat sprawler. I encountered my first invader on our flight home from Colorado. He sat in the middle seat and took up both armrests, which is fine. But then when the plane got in the air, his elbow hung over into my seat. I sat as far towards the aisle as possible. Then his leg took up 1/3 of my leg room. When the stewardess walked by to collect trash, I asked the sprawler in front of the stewardess if he could please get out of my seat space. He laughed. The stewardess just looked at me and wasn't sure what to say. He is a big man as in very tall and burly and older than me. As the flight continued he wouldn't budge from my space. I couldn't sit back in my seat without his arm on my arm and side. I had to keep my feet back so that his leg and foot could comfortably rest in front of my seat. It's a four hour flight and to make matters worse he ordered a Jack and Coke. Great. After he gulped that down he became even more relaxed and sprawled out even more into my space and played sports videos on his laptop without headsets. I was fine with the videos but the sprawling was too much. After leaning forward on my tray for about two hours, I asked him again, if he could please remove his leg and arm from my seat space so I could sit back in my own seat. He said, "Shut your damn mouth lady, Jesus Christ." I called back to my husband who was sitting across the aisle about 5 rows back. The sprawler didn't know my husband was on the plane. I asked if he would trade me seats. He did and my husband said for the rest of the flight the sprawler had no problem keeping his legs and arms in front of him. 
I felt like this on the plane, my space was so invaded I had to lean over on my tray for a big portion of the flight. How would you handle a seat sprawler?





2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a creep! The attendant should have helped you first of all. But I think you did the right thing by changing seats with Michael. Probably should have done it sooner. What a jerk! He was taking advantage of your sweet nature and soft voice! And soft beautiful body! Ewwww! This makes me mad!!! I thought those kind of people were only in TV shows or movies!!!! from Jeri Dauksch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he was a creep. But it's awful funny he had no room in his own seat until Michael sat next to him and then he could suddenly fit in his own seat just fine. I'm way too tolerant of people. I'm learning to draw boundaries with everyone now though. You get treated like crap enough and you learn to nip that crap in the bud. lol Life is about boundaries.

      Delete